Saturday, January 31, 2009

Richard Hickox RIP

I was deeply saddened to learn of the untimely death of conductor Richard Hickox.


I worked with Richard twice, first on the 1995 Opera North production of Walton's Troilus and Cressida, when I was Matthew Warchus's assistant director.

I subsequently directed the action for the recording sessions at Leeds Town Hall for the Chandos Recording.











And then, in 2003, I directed the 50th Anniversary production of Britten's Gloriana at the Snape Maltings for the Aldeburgh Festival with Christine Brewer playing Elizabeth I and Richard Hickox conducting.




My deepest sympathies to Richard's family, particularly his wife, Pamela Helen Stephen - a wonderful singer with whom I worked at Opera North when I was assistant director to Phyllida Lloyd on her production of Chabrier's Etoile.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Metal Fabrication Trenton said...

Great share, thanks for writing this

5:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home